Sunday, April 24, 2011

Straws Are Always Necessary

Here's why I like straws:

1. They can come in cool shapes. I once had a small collection of straws of various shapes, and I kind of wish I had kept them. There is nothing better than drinking the beverage of your choice in the shape of a rocket.

2. You can drink in many varying locations. Say you're lying in bed watching CNN (as one does), and you want some water. Now, that can get complicated. You have to sit all the way up, pay attention to the placement of your open lidded beverage, and make sure that the liquid does in fact get to the intended location. Leading one to...

3. They prevent unnecessary spillage. I am a giant klutz. And I mean giant. This is not any form of exaggeration. If I can screw it up, fall down, light it on fire, or break it, you better believe I will. This does not make for a good combination, then, if one is trying to have a quick sip of water in the easiest way possible. It will, in fact, end up in my lap.

I like straws. More people should use them.

Now off to get that towel...

No comments:

Post a Comment